A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Responsibilities include translating business requirements into design solutions for end users. The role will provide input on matters of UX, UI, and Visual Design; proposing pragmatic solutions that are consistent with industry best practices, end user expectations while balancing technical, data, and schedule constraints. Responsibilities also include taking initiative and overseeing various UX activities including user research, usability tests, user-flow diagrams, wireframes, high and low fidelity prototypes and other deliverables as required. Prior experience and knowledge of various web development technologies, trends in technology and design patterns including mobile/responsive design would be beneficial. This position will need to interact with a customer base of Scientists, Lab Managers, Principal Investigators, and Board level executives as well as seamlessly plug into our internal cross-functional team from Product, Technology, and Sales from within the Connected Lab Promise Venture, but also with colleagues from the greater MilliporeSigma organization. Design storyboards, wireframes, low/high fidelity designs/prototypes while balancing schedule constraints, technical and story specifications and user feedback.
Who You Are:
- BS degree in any discipline
- 4+ years’ experience with creating storyboards, wireframes, low/high fidelity designs/prototypes
- Experience with user-centered design (UCD) principles, usability testing methods, research, contextual inquiry.
- Working knowledge of web services & modern application architectures (REST, SPAs, HTML, CSS, JS)
- Skilled in Applications like Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, Axure, Adobe etc.
- Demonstrated outcomes of previous design work
- Team player
- Have working knowledge of planning and working in an agile based cycle product design environment
- Ability to incorporate VOC and feedback into designs
- Specifically possess experience in designing Mobile Apps in both iOS and Android environments
- Ability to rapidly test and iterate designs
- Be creative and fearless. Champion new bold ideas and designs that challenge the norm while always keeping UX in mind.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.