A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
To execute the daily production schedule in accordance with Safety, Quality and Customer Service goals and objectives. This is a night shift role working 7pm to 7am
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for Production.
- Profound orientation towards the expectations of internal and external customers, which you also help your team to understand and embrace.
- Willingness to help your team realize the opportunities to be gathered from working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures in a global context.
- Appreciation of your team’s ideas and points of view in the pursuit of innovation throughout all processes.
- Disposition to help your team achieve challenging goals to constantly increase overall performance, not least through clear, result-oriented feedback.
- Responsibility for the improvement of all products, services, processes and working routines within your realm.
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies, and procedures; participate in the implementation of approved policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitor and control supplies and equipment.
- Encouragement and support for the personal development of and decision-making by the staff under your responsibility.
- Outstanding communication skills and exceptional attention to detail to ensure policies and procedures are followed and improved.
- Strong Reading, Writing, Mathematical and Mechanical Aptitude are a plus.
- Must comply with all company Personnel and Safety practices and provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Must be functionally qualified to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Must have clearly legible handwriting.
- Must be able to follow written work instructions established in SOP's and other written work instructions.
Who You Are:
- Associates Degree or High School Diploma/GED and 3+years Supervisory Experience in an Office or Manufacturing setting
- Bachelor of Science degree in technical or science related discipline is preferred
- Bachelor of Arts and 2+ years Supervisory experience in an Office or Manufactory field
- 1+years’ experience with cGMP's, the ISO-quality system and department SOP's
- Must be able to don required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.