A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position provides advanced administrative support to the Head of MBS Finance & Regional CFO at EMD Serono, Inc. and the Finance team. This includes providing administrative support of a highly responsible, sensitive and confidential nature, requiring exercise of judgment and initiative. Interacts with high-level contacts and reflects a positive and professional image of the organization in internal and external communications.
- Provide advanced administrative support in all interactions with global internal/external colleagues
- Ensure the tracking of all deadlines for assigned managers in order to guarantee timely delivery of all projects, monthly reports, and presentations
- Work closely with other functions to ensure the department has what it needs to operate at the highest level of efficiency (for e.g. inter-faces with Facilities to manage space, IS for fully functioning and up to date technology and equipment)
- Manage numerous important global meetings (Global Town hall and marketplace, team meetings etc.) – coordinating participants from multiple locations, create agendas, consolidate presentations, action items and minutes, send follow-up communications and tracking of deliverables.
- Independently provide the most complex administrative support and project coordination showing a high level of appropriately independent decision making in order to keep initiatives moving
- Develop and maintain highly complex administrative systems, reports and formats
- Provide support to the Controllers during the monthly closing process helping with detail analytics and accruals
- Apply superior analytical skills to screening of routine and highly confidential responses to incoming mail, E-mail, telephone calls and messages.
- Organize material by priority and subject, providing summaries. Provide responses within scope of role when requested
- Track important documents for signature in a timely and efficient manner and deliver to appropriate party
- Develop and maintain a confidential, centralized filing system, which is linked to computer network filing structure for ease of use by appropriate parties
- Schedule and maintain daily calendars for the Head of MBS Finance & Regional CFO and the Finance Team to ensure key participants of meetings have accepted meetings and where necessary are providing agendas/pre-reads. Ensure all meetings have agendas/pre-reads in advance of meeting.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements both international and domestic for the Head of MBS Finance & Regional CFO and Team.
- Coordinate and schedule high-level business meetings for the Head of MBS Finance & Regional CFO and others as assigned. Manage all logistical details in collaboration with internal meeting and event colleagues and/or external vendors.
- Process expense reports in Concur for the Head of MBS Finance & Regional CFO
- Submit budget requisitions in SAP system and ensuring all vendors are paid in a timely manner
- Maintain aspects of department-specific projects on an administrative capacity especially as it relates to employee engagement and charitable events
- Order all office supplies and maintain supply closet
- Administrative responsibilities as required
- All other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- High School diploma or GED required
- 5+ years of professional work experience supporting Senior-level Management and large teams.
- 5+ years of experience working in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- College degree preferred
- Microsoft Outlook 2013 preferred
- Experience working in SAP
- Experience working in Concur
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.