A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Strategic Projects Manager will perform project management duties involving cross-functional teams focused on delivery of strategic initiatives to drive business growth. You will apply project management best practices in the development, initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects. You will develop and drive project communications and dashboards. These projects include, but are not limited to, the development and execution of commercial programs, innovation (R&D) programs, inventory improvement initiatives and key events. This is a highly-visible position with heavy interaction with the entire Applied Leadership Team as you work on projects spanning all 4 businesses of Applied Solutions and interacting with our partners in all Life Science functions. Ideal candidate would be adept at project management, influencing for results, and able to adapt to rapidly changing business needs.
- Track the efficacy of various initiatives and help implement the appropriate reporting and metrics to ensure desired results are being achieved
- Work with Applied Business leaders and their teams on cross-business projects
- Work with the Chief of Staff team to track, manage, and prioritize strategic projects to assure consistent focus and alignment
- Lead or support initiatives related to business and process improvement
- Help drive and/or support key employee activities related to culture and engagement within Applied.
- Be a liaison with Research Solutions on joint and cross-BU initiatives
- Lead the planning and execution of key and large-scale events and meetings
- Assist in the preparation of materials for leadership and executive meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum; Masters/MBA preferred
- Strong project management skills, having managed and successfully completed diverse projects on-time and on-budget
- Strong cross-group collaborator with exceptional general management skills and the ability to build relationships within an organization
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills as well as attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate both in the weeds as well as at a strategic / macro level
- Strong follow-through ability to see projects to completion without significant oversight required
- Ability to take a concept, internalize it, rally others around it, drive its implementation, and identify ways to continuously improve it
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.