A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
In fine chemical and pharmaceutical industry, acquisition and analysis of data in a systematic way play a key role to successfully achieve the product development and process optimization from early stage of research at the laboratory up to the production scale. Currently, these industries put more effort into this fact and foster their interdisciplinary teams to benefit from the power of advanced analytics.
In the future, fluctuating market demand and competitive suppliers will drastically influence the throughputs. Thus, existing process limitations should be overcome by using the chemistry and engineering knowledge that are combined with advanced analytics techniques.
This offer provides you:
- To contribute in data science projects with a high degree of responsibility and self-dependency
- To develop your skills in scientific and business field
- To challenge about the most complex problems in the process industry
Who you are:
- Pursuing you MSc in Chemical/Process Engineering or a similar field
- Experience in process development and/or optimization projects
- Ability to make data-driven decisions by considering process/chemical engineering principles
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Enthusiasm for helping others and willingness to learn
Technical experience is required in at least some of the following areas
- Programming: MATLAB®, R or Python
- Data analysis via statistical tools such as Minitab and/or SIMCA
Start, duration, location: Starting March/April 2019 with a minimum duration of 6 months in Darmstadt
What we offer: In our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!