A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Translational Innovation Platform Oncology group is offering a 2-year postdoctoral researcher position in the field of oncogenic signalling, with specific interest on stress and plasticity. You will be responsible for identification, characterization and validation of novel targets and therapeutic concepts to drive our efforts in development of innovative oncology drugs. Your tasks include planning and conducting of experimental work, analysis and interpretation of results and their communication in oral and written form. Within cross-functional drug discovery project teams you will act as a translation oncology research expert.
The position is initially limited to 2 years with an option for extension.
Who you are:
- PhD in molecular or cellular biology, pharmacology or other related biological sciences
- Experienced in establishing and optimization of cell-based mechanistic and phenotypic assays in the field of oncology; applying state of the art technologies
- Strong background in cancer biology and signal transduction pathways, solid knowledge in pharmacology as a plus
- Highly motivated, research-oriented with a problem solving mindset
- Strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
What we offer: In our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!