A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The QA Supervisor has three main areas of responsibility.
- To manage the implementation and maintenance of cGMP and ISO 9001:2015 quality systems, and coordinate quality initiatives with Operations, R&D, and Marketing management to ensure we meet or exceed industry standards. Furthermore to champion continuous improvement opportunities within these systems and lead or facilitate those ongoing improvement efforts. Work with other departments, divisions, and sites to solve problems, assess risk, improve service, reduce costs, and enhance programs within the Quality Management System.
- Ensure cGMP and ISO requirements are being met for both raw material and final product release. Act as initial contact with customers or Sales requesting additional information for products, complaints, product status, or quality support. Manage and coordinate personnel to maintain adequately trained resources to consistently review and release product in pace with Operations. Resolve and follow-up on major issues with manufacturing, QC, and/or packaging that result from discrepancies in expected quality. Monitor and ensure that proper procedures are being followed in Operations including; manufacturing, testing, packaging, and warehousing of products.
- Develop quality employees that can respond to business and customer needs while maintaining the integrity of the Quality Management System. Advanced interpersonal skills with ability to act as a mentor and coach to staff and co-workers. Evaluate employee performance against expected job requirements. Mentor employees in meeting or exceeding expected job requirements, by ensuring skills and knowledge development occurs to allow employees to maximize performance in current positions. Identify and develop those employees with the potential and interest to pursue further responsibilities.
Who You Are:
- Minimum Bachelors degree (Chemistry, Biochemistry or Biology)
- 4-9 years of experience in Medical Device or API Quality aspects
- Strong leadership skills with a passion for personnel development
- Must possess a current understanding of the regulatory requirements governing Medical Devices, Pharmaceuticals, API’s and ISO Quality Management System Requirements
- Must understand Validation, Qualification, and be able to demonstrate effective use of problem solving techniques
- Must possess advanced written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.