A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This 2-year graduate program targets you as a high potential graduate and gives you challenging opportunities that prepare you for future roles. The program encompasses rotations within and across functions to ensure accelerated learning. This includes international assignments, mentoring, formal training as well as personal and professional development.
Your role: During the 24-months individual rotation plan, you will get to know multiple facets of Finance and build a strong companywide network. During the first year at our headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany, you will experience the activities in different Finance areas with focus on Controlling and Accounting which deepen your understanding of the business, Finance tools and the requirements for the Finance function. In addition to supporting daily business, you will also take ownership for exciting projects in the Finance area. In the subsequent 12-months assignment in one of our entities abroad, you will be assigned to our local Finance organization. As a member of the local team you will be responsible for processes, projects and management support to enhance your Finance expertise and to further develop business acumen as well as cross-cultural competences.
Start of the Program: October 2019
Who you are:
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in Finance/Business Studies (preferred) or Industrial Engineering/ Business Informatics with a focus in Finance
- Outstanding academic performance (top scores)
- First practical experiences in Finance via industrial internships, e.g. in Accounting or Financial Controlling
- Sound financial knowledge and analytical skills
- International experience
- Fluency in English and a second language
- High learning agility and curiosity to discover solutions to exciting challenges
- Willingness to embrace new technology, ideally first touchpoints with Finance digitization topics
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Initiative to network and collaborate in teams
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at