A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting directly to the Global Head of Business Development, the Senior Director M&A Integration you will work collaboratively with senior leaders to execute the M&A roadmap for the company in order to deliver strong profitable growth for the company. This position will be in our corporate office in Burlington, Massachusetts.
- Lead acquisition integration activities, including strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Create, manage and continuously refine / optimize an integration ‘playbook’ to manage processes for various integration work streams.
- Participate in Business Development, develop and maintain contact with top decision makers, organize and lead pursuit teams, participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process, contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Originate and deliver transaction ideas, identifying opportunities, opening and leveraging relationships.
- Understanding the key business drivers as well as predicting, identifying, and managing key issues and risks through insights, factual conclusions and advice.
- Lead, develop and counsel junior colleagues, share knowledge, and take an active role in the growth and development of the whole team.
Who you are:
- A minimum BA/BS degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration or related field is required; a MBA and/or CFA strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 8+ years’ business experience (strategy, operations, corporate/business development, management consulting), with experience leading cross-functional M&A integration processes.
- Experience in the life sciences industry is highly preferred.
- Must work effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- Must possess business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Strong communication, presentation & project management skills
- Flexibility to travel internationally/domestically.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.