A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Lead is responsible for developing and executing the process/project plans to meet the short and long-term strategies as defined by the Global Pricing team. The Goals and Objectives include, but are not limited to; managing a team which works on maintaining Missing Prices in Price Optimizer/LSP, Extract, Map and compare prices from Price Optimizer/ LSP, Maintain NPI Prices, On Board new pricing users with required training, Support pricing team with Special Projects, Build Spoon Job, Create Upload files, Scraping Competitor Price from their website, Performing Cross reference with competitor products & Merck, Structuring the data’s received to provide upload files for CIS tool. This includes providing one-on-one performance feedback, stretch goals, training the team and report to Global Pricing team.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The key deliverables would be
- Identify resource requirements such as; skill-sets, workload, expertise needed to execute plan.
- Develop strategy for your process
- Support internal Operations. Ensure compliance of process activities
- Continuously mentor and develop individuals to meet department expectations.
- Escalating service problems to internal stakeholders
- Execute Process/Project plans to meet corporate objectives
- Deliver on SLAs in the Pricing HD & CIS
- Monthly status updates/ Reports
- Build Efficiency and Productivity through Automations.
- Create value by analysis of the data points for Business Impact.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Lead & Manage People (Team size 8 to 10 FTE’s)
- Ensure employees have the critical training to perform jobs
- Resolve employee issues, concerns and problems
- Develop and implement staffing plan, and Integrate new team members
- Promote collaboration & remove obstacles to teamwork
- Conduct regular and effective team meetings etc.
- Managing Operations & Process and tools are leveraged to manage and optimize service delivery performance
- Assign tasks to right people, Achieve targeted efficiency gains and productivity norms
- Ensure resolution are provide on timely basis for escalations and a preventive measure is shared with customer
- Take applicable and relevant corrective action on the Customer feedback/Survey
- Listens carefully to customers expressed and unexpressed need
- Support and deliver on New Transitions commitment
- Understand, meet and exceed customer expectations, ensure SLA’s are met
Implement Merck High Performance Workplace Process
- Set Goals and measures for employees
- Assess Performance - Conduct performance reviews
- Monitor and Give Feedback – Coach Team members
- Ensure employees have individual development plans in place and the necessary actions are taken against the plans
- Facilitate career path discussion with employees
- Reward and recognize employee achievements
Continuous Process Improvement
- Ensure implementation of the relevant Quality Management Systems
- Ensure Compliance (Data privacy/confidentiality norms)
Education: BS in Science, Business or related field
MBA - desirable
Experience: 3 - 5 years of Pricing Experience
2- 3 years’ experience as a team leader
Proven technical proficiency with appropriate systems and analytic tools (Excel, Access, MS Project, SAP, ETL tools, Python, VBA and Business Warehouse)
Essential and Critical Skills:
- Excellent analytical, business process analysis and problem-solving capabilities
- Superior and Proven Negotiation Skills.
- Excellent communication and Project Management skills
- Talent for building cross-functional relationships and developing cross-functions understanding
- Highly motivated and results-oriented Technical proficiency with appropriate procurement systems and analytic tools
Minimum Competencies for Interview
- Team Management
- Builds Organizational Capability
- Demonstrates Leadership Style
- Gets Results Through Self & Others
- Thinks & Acts Strategically
- Promotes and Champions Change
- Pursues Personal Development
Other Competencies for Consideration
- Escalation Management
- Customer handling skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at