A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Within our UK Biopharma business, the Commercial Excellence and Business Intelligence team is responsible for providing insight and capabilities to each of our Biopharma business units. These include Oncology, Neurology and Immunology and Fertility, Endocrinology and General Medicine. The team provides support in the areas of market intelligence, business analytics, CRM and field force excellence, data stewardship, multi-channel capabilities and marketing excellence. This specific role will mostly be focused on supporting the Neurology business unit.
Key Role Responsibilities:
1. Brand and sales analytics, performance monitoring, and forecasting:
• Work with key stakeholders to define strategic questions and ensure that analytics and performance monitoring address the key brand/franchise needs;
• Plan, design, implement and manage business analytics projects, providing final analysis and recommendations to sales and marketing as well as the leadership team;
• Develop KPIs aligned to brand plans, identify exceptions and recommend actions for consideration;
• Ownership of the 5-year planning brand forecast, built with clear and justifiable market/customer insight and assumptions.
2. Insight and market research:
• Build and execute market research plans aligned to current and future brand objectives;
• Work with Global stakeholders on market research plans and ensure effectiveness and compliance with the local market requirements;
• Deliver primary and secondary research from multiple sources distilling key insights to provide an aligned and consistent view of the market.
3. Strategic decision-making support:
• Permanent member of the cross-functional team supporting a brand/franchise;
• Responsibility for guiding, informing and influencing strategic decisions relating to marketing strategy and tactics and leading without authority to influence changes in strategic direction.
• Degree level qualification in a life science, business or other quantitative discipline;
• Highly numerate with excellent analytical skills;
• Experienced in business intelligence, market analysis and market research;
• Experience in the pharma / FMCG / financial services industry;
• Technically proficient in market analysis and forecasting including expert use of Excel;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Strong project management skills;
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills to develop the necessary relationships both internally and externally (proven track record of working in cross-functional teams).
It would be advantageous to have (not essential):
• Knowledge in pharmaceutical SFE, analytics and market research techniques and methodologies;
• Knowledge of standard UK pharmaceutical market data sources.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at