A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
During your internship within Life Science, Actives and Formulation R&D, you will characterize therapeutic proteins with various analytical methods. Your tasks will include dedicated protein analytics (like e.g. size exclusion chromatography) and further analytical characterization like NanoDSF, circular dichroism and fluorescent spectroscopy as well as the optimization of a cell based functional assay. Furthermore, you will analyze and interpret as well as present your results in front of a German as well as English speaking audience.
Who you are:
• You are currently studying pharmacy, molecular biotechnology, biology or a related discipline
• Very good knowledge of biochemistry/protein biology
• Practical experience in sterile handling of cell cultures
• You are a fast learner with a broad knowledge of analytical methods for proteins
• Very good organizational and communication skills
• German and English (excellent knowledge spoken and written)
Duration: at least 6 months, starting in March 2019
What we offer: In our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!