A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are currently seeking an Automation / Controls engineer within the Single Use and Systems R&D group at MilliporeSigma Process Solutions business unit. In this position, you will be responsible for design, development and validation of the automation and controls used for the processing and purification of pharmaceutical and biotech product streams. This position will be based at our Bedford, MA campus.
- Design of state-of-the-art automation systems for equipment used in the bioprocessing industry; mixing, filtration, purification, cell culture, etc.
- Design, specify, implement, and qualify complex systems including electrical design, instrumentation and software.
- Partner with automation vendors to obtain new hardware, develop new prototype hardware elements, build interfaces, and integrate hardware into the automation platform.
- Act as a technical project manager, manage budget and schedule activities.
- Work with product development teams and customers to deliver state of the art automation systems for bioprocessing systems.
- Contribute to the group responsible for developing the automation pipeline for bioprocessing systems.
- Involved in the full product life cycle from inception to market release with a focus on software and electrical engineering.
- Manage applicable regulatory requirements of automation and control systems.
Who you Are:
- Senior Automation Engineer with 5+ years expertise designing, implementing and maintaining automation systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Computer Science, Bioprocess Engineering, or related field
- Professional experience in industrial automation for process equipment with a proven track record for designing, implementing and supporting automation solutions for complex multi-disciplinary problems.
- Experience with industrial control panel designs that meet regulatory requirements for an international market
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with peers, customers, vendors and supervisors; ability to give effective presentations using written reports, overhead slides, MS PowerPoint and similar media.
- Leadership abilities and ability to work in a team environment.
- Pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology industry experience desired, but not required.
- Working knowledge of GAMP lifecycle and quality management processes employed with the Life Science Industry desired, but not required.
- Strong teamwork and facilitation skills.
- Competent user of MS Office, MS Project, Oracle, CAD and other software tools.
- Familiar with applicable regulatory requirements for automation and control systems.
- 5-20% travel may be required.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.