A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Internal Communications Manager, UK&I Life Sciences
**Please note that this role an be based in the UK or Ireland**
**Preferred locations for the UK are Glasgow, Poole, Irvine or Edinburgh. The preferred location for Ireland is Cork**
The Internal Communications Manager for the UK and Ireland is an individual contributor role and will report into the Head of Life Science Internal Communications, while collaborating closely with our Country Communicator network.
In this role the Internal Communications Manager will represent Life Science in the United Kingdom and Ireland region from a communications standpoint, while supporting the creation and execution of Life Science Internal communications projects on a global level.
Main responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Head of IC to develop a global plan (cadence and editorial calendar) for existing internal programming, in support of the LS Strategy and priority initiatives/topics.
- Evaluate need for additional projects and propose solutions to address gaps in internal communication
- Support promotion and tactical execution of global internal projects
- Support executive visibility management and tracking
- Support Head of IC to develop messaging and materials to ensure alignment of executives when participating/hosting internal events.
- Generate news content for internal audiences to drive employee understanding of the business, strategy and engagement;
- Manage the internal communication activities relating to potential impact of Brexit in the UK and beyond
- Oversight and point of contact for local programs/events that are important for communications to employees i.e. town hall, coffee hours, leadership visits, lunch and learns;
- Help develop and execute a strategic employee communications plan, specific to Life Science in the UK and Ireland.
- Modify materials and programming to ensure relevance with UK/Ireland audience, including commercial, R&D and manufacturing employees are reached.
- Liaise with the Life Science Communications and with Group CoE‘s to communicate on a regular basis and showcase LS best practices across all markets in the region. Maintain relationships and ensure alignment with Communications teams in other key countries/markets.
- Support Group (global) / Corporate (Life Science) level communications campaigns in the region in cooperation with Life Science Communications
- Establish a regular cadence/network with all in-country communicators (and Marcom leads where needed) to ensure strategic alignment.
- Create, in partnership with External Communications, a plan that supports the global Life Science Story contributing to the company's reputation in the UK region;
- Drive external visibility where appropriate;
- Ensure the regional communications strategy is visible and rolled out across several digital channels including internet, intranet, social media and others;
- Lead, plan, manage and execute relevant business and public relations activities in partnership with external communications;
- Prepare local press releases and execute press release distribution for local press releases and localize press releases in partnership with External Communications;
- Track, respond to and manage issues and crises that impact corporate reputation and brands and the business in the region;
- Serve as main point of contact locally for relevant LS related news items;
- Leverage locally/regional corporate responsibility projects.
- Support external communication efforts (customer-facing) of all Brexit-related activities
- Degree educated
- Experience of working in a communications focused or government affairs related role.
- Experience of working within a consultancy or agency with a focus on delivering for clients within the Life Sciences sector.
- Experience of creating original material for internal communications and engagement.
- Knowledge of the Life Science sector and the political landscape in relation to the industry in the UK and Ireland.
We are a company committed to investing in and developing our employees, the career prospects within this role are quite broad and will depend on the individual’s aspirations and their desire to challenge themselves.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at