A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
To provide supporting services to customers and the sales organization, assisting with pre- and post- sales processes, and developing and deepening customer relationships. This role is responsible for supporting manufacturing customers within the Applied business segment, as well as customised products across the R&A portfolio.
Where required, the role may support specific sales personnel or customers from a specific geography, business unit or business segment. The above options will be determined according to the relevant BU strategy in terms of sales support.
You will receive and deal with specific requests from customers and the sales organization and ensure that an appropriate response is conveyed in a timely fashion. You may be required to seek additional information from supporting groups in order to handle complex enquiries. You arrange for samples to be dispatched to customers and check on stock levels while managing customer inventory reserves. This results also in coordinating with inventory planning, procurement, order management and sales operations to ensure customer demands are correctly fulfilled. You will have the opportunity to be involved in coaching others or assisting with the introduction of new starters, as well as participating in local project or process improvements initiatives
Who you are:
- Educated to Diploma, national vocational qualification, or equivalent qualification is desirable
- Fluent in German and English. Additional European languages would be beneficial
- Requires 2 or more years’ experience in a similar position in a customer-facing role or environment.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with customers
- Strong Commercial acumen
- Experience of working to deadlines and multiple tasks and priorities is essential.
- Affinity for working with numbers and systems
- SAP experience is a plus
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team (as a real team player)
- Proactive and very well organized with forward thinking and RCA/preventative mindset
- Possesses strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Sales Cycle process.
- Good administrative skills.
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Point of contact for specific accounts
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at