A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: our Inside Sales Specialist is responsible for developing the sales of the Reference Materials portfolio in the assigned territory (Spain and Portugal) to achieve quarterly and annual targets. To achieve this, you will build and maintain relationships with customers by telephone and e-mail, sending quotes, contracts & tenders. You will also attend exhibitions and visit customers (usually quarterly) to drive our business forward. Other core duties include attending sales exhibitions, implementing campaigns driven by Marketing, researching new sales opportunities in active and new accounts and developing and maintaining detailed customer / prospect records in our databases (i.e. SFDC), to ensure that the relevant mailing list and databases are updated.
Who you are:
- Minimum Bachelor in Science (chemistry, biology or other related subject) - some scientific background is necessary to quickly acquire good knowledge of the Merck products and applications
- Fluent in written and verbal English, Spanish and Portuguese, along with natural interpersonal skills and confidence in creating and delivering presentations
- Previous sales experience is highly desirable; however, candidates would be considered from a similar 'results driven' background.
- Highly motivated by sales and self-directed
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at