A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 53,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Innovation Summer School is a three-month program at the Innovation Center located at the headquarter in Darmstadt, Germany. PhD and experienced Master’s students from all study fields, from natural sciences to social sciences and humanities, build inter-disciplinary teams to develop the next corporate innovation project that can shape our business of tomorrow.
You will develop an innovation concept in one of our three Innovation Fields: Bio-Sensing & Interfaces, Liquid Biopsy Technologies, and Clean Meat. As a team player you take on the 3-month project challenge in a team of Innovation Summer School intrapreneurs from all over the world. The Innovation Summer School (03 June – 30 August 2019) will enable you to develop an innovation project with the help of state-of-the-art innovation methodology, guided by our experienced innovation facilitators. By networking amongst our 53.000 globally distributed employees, you can build a project that connects the know-how of all three core businesses: Healthcare, Life Science, and Performance Materials.
At the end of the program, you will pitch your team’s innovation concept to our seed funding committee for project launch at our corporate inception program! If successful, the project receives seed funding for an initial phase of 6 months. There are options for Innovation Summer School intrapreneurs to continue working on a successfully pitched project and help grow our next new business!
Are you ready to research, ideate, learn, build, iterate, pivot, and pitch? Then apply to bring an innovation idea to life!
With your application, please submit a one pager (!), answering the following three questions:
1) Which of the three Innovation Fields do you prefer and why?
2) What is your motivation to take on the challenge?
3) Do you already have previous innovation experience?
Rolling admission until all positions are filled! Application closes on 15 March 2019, interviews will be held on a rolling basis, latest until end of March 2019. The decision will be communicated on a rolling basis, latest beginning of April 2019. The Innovation Summer School will take place from June through August 2019 in Darmstadt, Germany.
What we offer:
• Paid intrapreneurship (internship) at our Innovation Center
• The chance to define and launch a corporate innovation project – and be part of it!
• State-of-art working space
• Hands-on-training on latest innovation methods and tools
• Expert support and guidance from experienced innovation facilitators
• Housing support in Darmstadt for students from abroad
• Visa application support
Who you are:
• PhD or experienced Master student (all genders) from an internationally renowned university (must still be an enrolled student!)
• Knowledge in one of the three Innovation Fields and/or a function (e.g. business, law, medicine, design...)
• Knowledge in innovation methods (e.g. design thinking) and entrepreneurship would be an advantage
• Team player with high organizational and analytical skills
• Structured and reliable working attitude, curiosity to explore new fields
• Creative, open-minded, and committed individual
• Startup experience (optional)
• Strong communication skills in English
• Enjoy working in an international and diverse environment
Duration: 3 months (June-August 2019)
What we offer: At the company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!