A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma the overall responsibility of the Product Management group is to integrate the various segments of a business into a strategically focused program that maximizes the value of a portfolio of products and applications. Product Managers work directly with customers and industry thought leaders to assess the process and technology needs of the marketplace and the underlying assumptions that are broadly held. Product Management Team members are champions and empowered drivers in the process to bring technology and products to our customers. The successful candidate must be familiar with product positioning, merchandizing and promotion, and new product development. Prior product management or marketing and sales experience in the Life Science industry would be an advantage.
- Develop knowledge of market, competitors and customer needs that drive the strategy and product positioning that will ensure strong and regular growth in accordance with the global Business Field strategy.
- Perform detailed sales, orders and margin trend analysis. Develop strong knowledge of product line trends, sufficient to provide demand forecasts on regular basis and to evaluate opportunities/ threats for business.
- Develop product and market knowledge through customer and end user visits, worldwide market research and scientific paper reviews
- Regularly communicate/report on competitors to the global sales and marketing orgs w/ regard to new and existing products, positioning, and pricing.
- Track and evaluate customer satisfaction and customer product complaints, including trends in resolution of customer complaints, assessment of service and support needs
- Identify new markets, channel optimization and/or applications opportunities to maximize sales of existing products.
- Develop strategic/tactical marketing plans by developing product positioning and implementing marketing initiatives and sales education.
- Act as primary contact for sales and service organizations, particularly in terms of defining product offers, establishing pricing and discounting strategy, addressing internal questions and customer issues, developing plans of action for increasing installed base, and providing tools necessary for successful implementation.
- Work with Marketing Communications to ensure appropriate project planning and delivery of marketing materials. Propose marketing communications mix and activities for product lines.
- Participate with departmental management, field marketing and the sales team in the review and implementation of the market plan for the assigned business area.
- Drive long-term revenue growth through innovation with long-term product development plans and successful new product development and launch
- Lead multi-department teams including Engineering, R&D, Manufacturing, and Quality to develop and commercialize new products or platforms.
- Coordination of field trials, marketing surveys, customer focus groups and providing follow-up customer support in order to insure an in-depth understanding of customer needs, potential opportunities. Responsible for translating customer voice into product development plans.
- Monitor project plans to ensure accurate and timely completion, and compliance with customer requirements. Ensure activities are within regulatory and internal parameters such as USDA, NIH, and approved internal protocol parameters.
- Develop launch plans including creation of content and selling tools and coordinate development with marketing communications.
- Monitor the success of new products launched; analyze the effectiveness of recent projects. Develop and produce project-related reports as requested by supervisor
- Support key product line management functions, including evaluation of product lifecycle and profitability, coordinating with manufacturing as needed on critical product issues, and facilitating interactions/requirements of key functions (Finance, Quality, Planning, Manufacturing, Customer/Technical Service). Responsible for contribution margin of product line with focus on revenue and margin growth within product segment. Responsible for analysis and maintenance of product supply partnerships.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry or related life scientific field.
- 3+ years’ experience in Life Science or Biotech environment
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally. Travel may be approximately 25-30%
- A higher degree or MBA preferred. Some hands-on laboratory experience desirable.
- Related product management experience supporting similar products or range of products including commercial sales/marketing/business development commercializing research reagents or consumables.
- Previous experience in revenue forecasting, NPV and market analysis, and marketing/customer analysis opportunity size development preferred.
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of personal computer software in a business environment, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Good organizational skills, including the ability to be flexible to changing priorities and needs. Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy combined with proven ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated strategic business skills and people management preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.