A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Project Specialist is responsible for administration of Product Characterization projects in a capacity which includes the collection, management and distribution of project control information. This function includes both the management of customs and process improvement projects. For custom projects, oversight of to project scope and deliverables as outlined in the custom proposals is essential. The Project Specialist will be responsible for effective communication with both custom and routine Product Characterization supervisors on schedules. Communication with cross-functional teams, such as Project Management, Development Services, Sales and other Operations teams will be essential to maintaining accurate, up-to-date schedules. These schedules must be dynamic and therefore the successful candidate must possess strong communication skills, both formal and informal. Finally, the Project Coordinator will assist with study management responsibilities as far as study book creation and peer review.
Essential Job Function
- To liaise with project management, account managers, development services as well as operations scientific staff on the progress and deliverables for each project.
- To liase with continuous improvement and digitization project leads on process improvement efforts. Coordinate with lab management on resources needed for such projects.
- To manage project timelines and communicate any timeline risk or misses to appropriate parties
- To manage deliverables for each proposal milestone and ensure that any project scope creep is documented and action appropriately.
- Assist in the creation and management of Product Characterization lab schedule(s) for both assay transfer/development projects and routine testing
- Work with lab supervisor(s) and/or lab management to ensure that routine testing is scheduled appropriately to meet on time delivery expectations
- Work with customs team to ensure that custom work is scheduled appropriately to ensure project timelines are met.
- Study management duties which include the generation of protocols, creation of study binders, peer review of study binders as well as processing in BRIQS of low impact events.
- May provide supplemental support with technicians in laboratory by training on basic skills, such as peer review, cell culture, aseptic technique, etc.
- Review / Editing of Immunoassay proposals
- Attendance at all team meetings
- Assist PM with coordinating and attending all custom project meetings
Who You Are:
- MAIMS/Ph.D. in scientific discipline with 1+ years of lab work experience -OR- Bachelor’s Degree in scientific discipline with 3+ years lab work experience -OR- Associates Degree in scientific discipline with 6+ years lab work experience
- 2+ years working with Google and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with relevant laboratory practices, techniques, equipment, materials and mathematical calculations.
- Strong organization skills
- Professional conduct
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both formal and informal that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, etc.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams as well as independently
- High level of initiative and leadership capabilities
- Highly technically competent
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.