A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Specific Job Description
- The Project Manager position assists the Senior Project manager and the Marketing Business Analyst in supporting Product and Marketing Management. Areas of support include gathering internal and external data, data mining, data analysis and reporting.
- This position also requires the running of and often participation in Operational Excellence projects with the
- Communicate orally and in writing, as needed, to the project team, sponsors and/or sterring committee members
§Leads activities and projects supporting the Life Science - Regents (LSR) franchise(s) in terms of maximizing revenue through post-commercialization product life cycle.
Scope of People Responsibility
- Support Senior Project Manager in running multiple projects concurrently through utilization of project management best practices to ensure customer, time, quality and schedule requirements are met.
- Assist in improving process effiency by analyzing and planning workflow
- Communicate orally and in writing, as needed, to the project team, sponsors and/or steering committee members
- Can apply general knoweledge of related diciplines and help develop solutions to a variety of complex problems – Solutions are imaginative, practicable and consistent with organizational objectives. Assists in determining objectives and plans, schedules and arranges own schedule to accomplish them.
- Support Product Management Operations as needed in the timely addition of new products into appropriate business systems; including the collection of product information / documentation and defining product inventory model.
- Support Product Management Operations as needed with Product Life Cycle and Order Fulfillment activities (e.g quality notifications, technical service inquiries, production quality issues, product discontinuations, compliance requests, global change requests, pricing)
- Support Customs Service manager as needed to help manage products and product lines throughout the life cycle of the BCO business.
- Support general product line inquiries and issues as needed(e.g. quality notifications, technical service inquiries, production quality issues, product discontinuations, compliance requests) as well as basic BCO Business Awareness, Quote development and Order Fullfillment practices.
- Procurement/Production Planning / SNP
§R&D/Manufacturing / Production
§Distribution / Warehouse
§Mar Com / Strategic Marketing
§Sales/Technical Services / Customer Service
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
- Requires 5+ year(s) previous experience within marketing, sales, technical service, procurement, biology / biochemistry / cell culture, or some combination thereof
- In addition to above, previous experience within Operations – Manufacturing, Procurement or other is highly preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
Job specific Competencies & Skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks on a given time frame
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects under multiple scientific disciplines, develop and present project proposals clearly in a well-organized manner, both orally and in writing
- High level of attention to detail is required – ability to complete project tasks with accuracy and consistency.
- Demonstrates complex problem solving skills on own, with limited guidance from supervisor
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle and SAP ERP systems
- Demonstrated experience with Business Objects and Business Warehouse or other like business supporting systems
- Proficiency in MS Office tools to include: Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio etc.
- Excellent communication and engagement skills (verbal, written, listening) – ability to work with internal teams with a culture of trust and business driven innovation.
- Ability to work with geographically remote teams and/or projects
- Self motivated to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Project Management skills – PMP desired
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at