Who we are:
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Lab technician will perform tasks as needed to maintain the lab and to support the assays performed in the Bacterial Mutation and Mammalian Mutation Labs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains the lab’s supplies inventory
- Maintains work area and equipment
- Assists with cleaning, testing and calibrating/standardization of lab equipment
- Uses and maintains scientific equipment, instrumentation and computer systems
- Prepares reagents
- Performs routine review and verification of all equipment logs/forms.
- Ensures all documentation fulfills generally accepted professional/industry standards
- Performs data entry
- Demonstrates consistently good communication and interpersonal skills with employees, management and clients (where applicable)
- Other duties as assigned
- Adheres to ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard for laboratory testing as specified in applicable standard operating procedures or quality manual
- Assist with count and recording the results for standard, mini Ames or Ames II tests
EXPANDED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to organize and prioritize work for timely completion
- Effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ensure that all guidelines are followed with respect to assigned tasks performed in the Bacterial Mutation labs
- Follows SOPs and relevant compliance regulations in regards to safety procedures, documentation, and scientific responsibility
- Reports to and receives general instructions on new assignments from the Laboratory Supervisor
Who You Are:
- AA degree in scientific discipline
- No degree with 1-3 years of equivalent scientific experience
- Working knowledge of a research laboratory.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possess good interpersonal and strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates close attention to detail
- Highly motivated and detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to multitask and work independently or in a team environment with minimum supervision.
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software applications, specifically MS Office (Word and Excel)
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
- Ability to work on projects in other departments as needed.
- Must follow GLP, USDA animal welfare act and IACUC standards.
What we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.