A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Account Manager, Pharma Processing Americas - North Carolina
The role of the Account Manager for Pharma Processing Americas is to continually and consistently increase MilliporeSigma’s market share and revenues by collaborating with customers and prospects to solve their unique challenges; and to identify new business opportunities.
As a member of the Pharma Processing Americas team, you will sell a broad portfolio of products, including: filtration and purification technologies, single-use and multiuse process technologies, services, and raw materials (chemicals/cell culture media) to pharmaceutical and biotech customers. You will create value for both the customer and MilliporeSigma. You will strategically manage projects and resources to ensure long term profitable growth. You will increase MilliporeSigma’s market share, emphasize differentiation from MilliporeSigma’s competitors, and build upon MilliporeSigma’s reputation for excellence within your territory.
Account Management -
Know and be known by your customers. Identify your customer’s needs and provide solutions to fulfill their needs through the proper utilization of products, services, and/or knowledge/expertise. Inform, train and influence customers. Develop a detailed territory and/or account strategy, build strong internal and external networks, and have an understanding of industry dynamics. Take a leadership role when organizing an internal team around presenting to, or supporting your customers; provide input and direction on content, customer needs/drivers, audience profile, etc. Have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships; builds credibility and trust. Provide, an accurate, detailed forecast for your territory. Develop and execute a detailed business plan for seeding and revenue growth.
- Anticipates areas of conflict, manages disagreement, and works toward resolution
- Respects the needs and contributions of others
- Flexible and willing to travel within territory (with occasional overnight stays) to optimize customer engagement; occasional international travel required.
- Generates accurate business forecasts
- Uses skillful questioning to draw out information for diagnosing a situation
- Evaluates results and makes adjustments to achieve better business outcomes; learns from mistakes
- Perceives the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on clients and suppliers
- Decisive: knows how to build a solid case and can drive a decision when appropriate
- Plans time and priorities in an effective manner to achieve goals for sustainable results
Target Achievement -
Ensure that the quarterly and annual target is achieved, by gaining market share (e.g. competitive conversions, customer expansions, etc.), maintaining market share (e.g. process optimization, timely reaction to customer inquiries, etc.) and seeding MilliporeSigma products in the customer´s pipeline.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in the biotech industry
- 3+ years of experience in pharmaceutical and biotech drug production processes/unit operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in a life science
- Candidates must demonstrate a natural affinity to influence and/or sell to all levels of an organization.
- Self-motivated, assertive, takes initiative and works independently
- A committed learner dedicated to continuously increasing knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates ability to persuade, through logic and bottom-line reasoning
- Possesses exceptionally strong conceptual skills – can see the big picture and can translate it compellingly in writing and speech
- Talented at listening to the expressed needs and wants of others
- Able to work closely with functional support organizations to effectively achieve goals.
- Understands the basics of pricing and can articulate the value or reasons behind pricing
- Utilizes effective negotiation skills; generates results with positive outcomes for both parties
- Possesses the ability to assess a situation, the people and temperament, and uses that information to guide thinking and behavior
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.