A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The ideal candidate will design and implement development activities for custom bio-conjugation projects. He/ she will lead a small group team focused on delivering products to the pharmaceutical industry.
Essential position responsibilities
- Delivering optimized small scale bio-conjugation processes for the Process and Analytical Development Group
- Leading the synthetic and analytical efforts to deliver project milestones on-time and on-quality
- Interface with customers and other internal groups within MilliporeSigma
- Demonstrate attention to detail in the planning, execution and documentation of experimental work
- Deliver timely and comprehensive written and oral communications to both internal and external stakeholders
- Continually enhances the skill level of his/her organization by investing in the development and learning of the organization’s employees, and by actively participating in the selection of external talent
- Promotes a climate of positive employee relations by fostering two-way communication and by resolving employee issues in a timely manner.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, biochemistry, biology or other scientific discipline with 3+ years of experience in the life science industry or a Master’s degree in chemical engineering, biochemistry, biology or other scientific discipline
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Ph.D. in a Scientific Discipline with 1+ years of academic, or industrial experience, prior supervisory experience highly preferred
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills in bioanalytical chemistry, biophysical chemistry, biochemistry, protein chemistry and/or molecular biology highly preferred.
- Well-organized and detail oriented, able to effectively prioritize, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a matrix organization and consistently demonstrate reliability, responsibility and independence.
- Proven ability to lead a team in technical excellence, project completion and people development.
- Demonstrated skills in general and advanced laboratory techniques to enable the development of novel protein therapeutics.
- Current knowledge of small molecule or bio-therapeutics drug development process. Experience with antibody-drug conjugation is a plus.
- A genuine desire to translate new science into new therapeutic technologies and the ambition to succeed in an innovation driven environment.
- Demonstrated success in contributing to the advancement of projects, project teams, and process improvements.
- Extensive hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge with large molecule conjugation and the associated analytics.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail and strong communication skills (both written and verbal). Customer facing experience is desired.
- Champion new small scale technologies that can be applied to bio-conjugation drug development.
- Automation (medium to high-throughput) experience in an analytical or synthetic setting is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as experience with advanced data acquisition and/or statistical software systems.
- As part of a multidisciplinary team, the candidate should be able to efficiently communicate concepts to both specialist and general audiences.
- Comply with MilliporeSigma safety policies, practices and SSOPs.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.