A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Data Scientist in Healthcare, an expert in analytics as part of our data science in healthcare program which we are building within the Digital Office and Healthcare Digital.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a state of the art stack of analytical and big data tools for business intelligence and digital analytics within a cloud environment.
- Apply this toolset and develop new algorithms in close collaboration with our various internal and external customers and programs.
- Leverage medical outcome, health economics and stakeholder behavior data from internal and external sources to identify the most meaningful factors that drive quality of care and healthcare spending.
- Translate these factors into insights and algorithms that help our customers to improve their operations and their product offerings.
- Develop a deep understanding of specialty chronic disease areas, the patient journey, therapeutic options, the drug products, devices, services and solutions that are used to serve our patients, other key stakeholders of our global market as well as our internal customers.
- Based in the U.S., you will be part of a global cross-functional team of data scientists, marketing experts, and developers.
- You will build the analytical efforts targeted to key strategic issues and develop recommendations to create compelling offers and eye-opening insights.
Who you are:
- A graduate with a Masters’ degree or PhD in a relevant field (Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or Life Sciences), with an exceptional academic track record.
- A data scientist who is passionate about improving the lives of people living with chronic diseases and understands the clinical, technological and business aspects of healthcare.
- An analytical thinker with strong abilities to identify causal effects through data and scientific reasoning, especially from complex and large-scale datasets.
- An expert with demonstrated skills in a cross-functional and global team environment, with exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A professional with working knowledge of Hadoop, Google Cloud, AWS, R, C++, Python, Matlab, and Mathematica, as well as with familiarity with data protection and privacy.
- A reliable collaborator in a team-environment which includes externalvendors and internal experts to understand big data sources, clinical and transactional databases.
- A person with knowledge of business intelligence and advancedanalytics tools, statistical programming techniques, and machine learning methods.
- A machine learner with experience in time-series analysis, causality, uncertainty quantification, clustering, model selection, reinforcement learning.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.