A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- The Procurement Specialist is responsible for managing assigned product groups related to strategic plans for our chemical products, indirect internal purchases, and packaging materials.
- Purchase assigned commodities based on approved end user requisitions or material requirements planning recommendations, using terms (price, freight, and payment terms) established by Category Manager or delegate.
- Prepare and execute purchase orders and releases. Manage transactional interaction with suppliers. Assure proper accounts are charged for purchased materials, and work with accounting and end users to reconcile discrepancies.
- Report in an actionable time frame to appropriate personnel any change in the supply chain that might disrupt the processing of a customer order or negatively impact production schedule execution.
- Manage inventory levels of assigned commodities to assure sufficient stock without excessive investment, as specifically defined in work plans.
- This position includes 60-70% transactional work including obtaining price and delivery information from our suppliers, maintaining system data, and managing the Procure-to-Pay process.
- The remaining time is related to strategic work which includes working with the Category teams within direct Procurement to monitor supplier market profiles to identify opportunities within the marketplace, independently source and negotiate for best overall cost, as well as, identify improvement efforts with our Strategic Suppliers.
- Assisting in the development of KPI’s and working on improving supplier on-time delivery and quality, working with Category Management in negotiating contracts to maximize the corporation’s benefits and building supplier relationships to ensure continuity of supply.
- The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for executing the strategy developed by Category Management and in alignment with corporate strategy and objectives.
- Work with various departments to ensure we have proper cGMP documentation to process raw materials through quality systems.
Who You Are:
- Education: BS/BA in Business, Science, Supply Chain or related field or commensurate industry experience.
- Experience with ERP purchasing module (SAP, AS400)
- Microsoft office skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
- CPM/CPSM – possesses or willingness to obtain.
- Experience: 1+ years of professional experience.
- 2 + procurement experience with proven negotiation and vendor management results.
Essential and Critical Skills:
- Thorough understanding of operations, excellent attention to detail skills, problem solving skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Travel Requirements: 0-10% (travel to other sites and supplier locations).
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.