A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who we are: A career with our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: We are seeking a Product Manager-Data Science with proficiencies in data mining, statistical learning, predictive modeling, mathematical and simulation modeling, forecasting, data visualization, text analytics to work on projects within the life science industry. This Product Manager-Data Science will work within the Proteins and Pathway Technology product management group to improve performance in key product management responsibilities including product lifecycle management, business analytics, and marketing.
- data integration, data cleaning, descriptive analyses, exploratory analyses, predictive modeling, data mining, text analytics, social media analytics, social network analysis, rapid prototyping, and data visualization
- Collaborate throughout the business to collect, store, access, and analyze data from a variety of sources.
- Assist in developing static and interactive data visualizations Develop predictive models and simulations using a variety of software and tools
- Leverage data / big data to discover patterns and solve strategic analytic business problems using both structured and unstructured data sets across many environments
- Develop analytic capabilities that drive better outcomes for both customers and the company, informing business decisions across a broad range of functions.
Who You are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biostatistics, Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience: Two or more years of experience in data science
- Background in biology a plus, but not required.
- Motivated self-starter with a desire to develop and leverage data driven solutions for business related problems.
- Experience driving large analytic projects and programs to completion
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to work in a collaborative environment, and a desire to improve skills are essential
- Ability to extract, merge and analyze data from a wide variety of sources (e.g., relational databases, text and unstructured files)
- Ability to quickly and easily learn new open source software
- Experience with static and/or interactive data visualization methods
- Proficient in Java, C/C++, Python, R
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Data warehousing/reporting/ETL, for example SAP BusinessObjects, a plus
Experience with Excel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at