A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Operational Design Center is a capability within Global Clinical Operations (GCO). Our vision is to bring innovative medicines to patients by improving the operational effectiveness and efficiency of clinical trials through data derived decision making.
This role will interact with study teams to build out scenarios for modeling clinical trial operational designs. This technical role will conduct the research, utilize the tools, and provide the data analytics across the portfolio. As the first in this role, you will have the opportunity to shape the position as we implement and refine tools and processes.
Who you are:
You are bold, brave, and curious. You are willing to build the airplane while embarking on our first flights. You have a strong understanding of advanced analytics and you like to find new ways of looking at the data. You have a solid understanding of biology and are familiar with clinical definitions.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience, Master’s degree with 5+ years of experience, or PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatics, Biotechnology or related field with 3+ years of experience
- At least 3 years of drug development experience strongly preferred
- Proven track record of excellence in data analysis, reporting, and engineering
- Extensive experience preparing and presenting complex ideas and data to non-technical audience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including ability to persuade, negotiate, and moderate conflict
- An established deep contextual knowledge of the business and technical domains, with insights and understanding for both the working practices, current and future needs of colleagues from across the business, as well as from trends and developments within the pharma industry and beyond
Position can sit at our Billerica or Rockland, MA location
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.