A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas
Directly responsible for meeting and exceeding target regional sales results, and the management and profitability of the Area and its Key Account Managers by managing the effective implementation of tactics within “Mass Market” accounts. Oversee and ensure the integration of cross-functional resources within and outside of Serono to maximize sales within accounts. Development of each member of his/her team to achieve his/her maximum individual potential, resulting in the achievement of key results. Responsible for people and task management skills for a diverse field sales force. Responsible to ensure the understanding and successful implementation of the company direction at all levels of the field force. Develop and maintain relationships with targeted customers, Alliance personnel and managed markets. Ensure compliance to all Company, industry and government laws or guidelines regarding ethical standards. Provide inspirational leadership and focus to assure the delivery of key area business objectives as related to Reproductive HealthDirectly responsible for meeting and exceeding target regional sales results, and the management and profitability of the Area and its Key Account Managers by managing the effective implementation of tactics within “Mass Market” accounts.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business required, MBA strongly preferred
- English language required
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years progressive management experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry with demonstration of successful results.
- Minimum 2 years in internal home office or other functional position (managed care, marketing, training, etc.)
- Experience in niche market and competitive environments.
- Experience in developing and leading a sales force in changing competitive environment, changing product technology, and changing customer needs.
- Strong people management and coaching skills
- Experience in working in an environment which successfully integrates the sales and marketing programs.
- Demonstrated customer focus orientation
- Knowledge and application of data sources, reports and tools to apply to SBU and account plan designs and are measures of results for the strategies and tactics implemented.
- Knowledge and application of business planning & leadership principles, such as data analysis, goal setting, action plans, monitoring tools, directive and supportive techniques to develop and implement TA plans.
- Possess strong business and financial skills. Has P&L experience or at least budget responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams. Must be able to manage a diverse work group, motivate them, and maximize productivity
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to utilize quantitative analysis and sound business judgement in interpretation of sales and market data.
- Adaptability and the ability to remain focused in the presence of shifting priorities and strategies in timely response to the business climate.
- Strong PC skills and software knowledge.
- High achiever who thrives in high risk/high reward environment
- Dynamic personality with strong leadership skills
- Driven to goals by motivating team members
- High integrity and work ethic
- Normal office duties
- Required travel 50 - 75%
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.