A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Supervisor - Product Management Support will support the Life Science Reagents & Kits (LSR) product management franchise in managing specific or various product lines.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Supervisor will be responsible for managing the LSR Product Management Support team and finding new opportunities that can add value for the team as well the business.
The individual needs to have a solid understanding of the life science industry and should be able to suggest new product ideas and effectively introduce them to the market. The Supervisor may also need to support the newly launched products through tactical marketing activities such as content creation, market research, and competitor analysis.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Utilize life science industry knowledge, peer-reviewed literature, competitor analysis, and vendor input to generate new product ideas.
- Evaluate new product ideas and make marketing recommendations based on criteria such as publication frequency, vendor availability, competitive landscape, licensing requirements, profit potential and sales forecast.
- Gather all required data and submit approved product ideas to start the new product introduction process.
- Create content and tactical marketing activities for new products in time
- Work with business development, project management, and/or R&D teams to license/acquire new technologies
Master's degree/PhD in Life Science or related field. Scientific knowledge in Life Sciences/Biochemistry/Chemistry is preferred.
Overall 5 years experience of which 1-2 years in Team Management.
- At least 3+ years of experience in Scientific/Technical support, R&D, marketing or some combination thereof.
- Understanding of key competitors within the life science market
- Demonstrated ability to analyze market data to gather actionable insights
- Basic experience in Project Management will be an advantage
- Experience with molecular biology techniques and systems biology applications
Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Advanced understanding of scientific concepts, research experiments and scientific literature with minimum guidance; ability to do extensive scientific literature searches and identify important research ideas with minimum guidance; ability to identify important sources of new research trends with minimum guidance
- Advanced ability to use appropriate keywords to acquire relevant search results with no guidance; understand the trending research areas from sources like Google Scholar, high-tier journals and NCBI with minimum guidance
- Excellent oral and written communication with members of the team; Good oral and written communication and with external and internal customers; ability to resolve communication challenges faced with external and internal customers
- Understanding of how Google Analytics and BI work and ability to create web analytics and sales dashboards
- Research and identify the latest technology trends
- Ability to do extensive SWOT analysis of competitors based on business needs
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at