A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Head of Global DMPK:
- Leads the initiation and execution of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetic (DMPK) aspects of drug projects at the company’s healthcare portfolio across all therapeutic modalities and indications.
- Manages a world leading DMPK department globally. Ensure internal and external resources are fully engaged and developed.
- Manages key external relations for the larger Discovery Technologies team and the company.
- Creates the vision for DMPK and designs the long-term global strategy and operational model for the company’s healthcare research worldwide.
- Ultimate decision-making for all issues associated with pharmacokinetic aspects of drug projects.
- Creates a culture of innovation, entrepreneurship and global, collaborative working
- Assigns resources and budget to all projects on a global basis. Ensures departmental performance in terms of quality clinical candidate delivery.
- Accountable for cutting-edge infra-structure including laboratories, automation and robotics, design tools, electronic lab note-books and collaborative IT tools.
- Initiates and leads external collaborations with major external scientific collaborators. Creates a climate of externalization and external innovation.
- Resolves highly complex business and scientific problems through excellent scientific judgment and broad research, development and commercial knowledge.
- Chairs the global DMPK leadership team. Member of the the company Healthcare’s Discovery Research Committee and the Discovery and Development Technologies leadership team.
Provides strategic impact through:
- Generation the value of the company Healthcare’s clinical pipeline through quality candidate delivery.
- Allocation of resources, setting strategies, priorities and policies, disseminating best practice and planning of the global DMPK Function.
- Contribution to all in-licensing activities, including clinical-stage assets.
- Involvement to the strategy of drug discovery at the company. Predicts and preempts the company’s pipeline needs in all therapeutic areas.
- Creation synergies and collaborates across the company’s functions beyond biopharma, e.g., Life Science division.
Who You Are:
- Ph.D. and/or Post-Doc in drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, analytical chemistry, synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, protein engineering or immunology.
- 10+ years in industry, at least 5 of which in managerial roles in R&D.
- Ideally, experience in both small molecule and therapeutic proteins.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in global organizations.
- Strong track record of clinical candidate delivery and publications.
- Experience in designing high performance DMPK organizations.
- Experience in working with external partners.
- Cross-divisional knowledge and awareness.
- Ability to travel internationally up 20% of the time.
- Fluency in English.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.