A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who We Are: EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the brand has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
Your role: Contract Recruiter will be responsible for the relationship and staffing strategy for US within the EMDSerono division. The role is responsible for developing an understanding of the assigned business lines workforce planning and developing active sourcing and talent acquisition strategies to pro-actively identify, attract and hire best in class talent for the US. He/she supports ongoing internal and/or external recruiting needs by completing all aspects of candidate generation through hire. Position reports to North America Healthcare Recruiting Leader. The position is based in our Rockland, MA site.
Who you are: Highly service oriented and able to closely and quickly build relationships and internal partnerships with client groups and across HR
- Experience with pharmaceutical recruitment.
- Builds up and maintains a vast network of long term professional relationships by pro-actively sourcing and developing external talent acquisition strategies
- Shows ability to prioritize and complete a high volume of work, managing multiple projects and coordinating multiple requests to successful completion
- Promotes and applies defined active sourcing approaches to identify critical workforce
- Persuades and influences decision makers
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- At least 5+ years recruiting experience, ideally in a multinational organization, recruiting agency or Executive Search
- A minimum of 3 year full life cycle recruiting for scientific and managerial level positions for life sciences or, medical device, bio-pharmaceuticals and/or biotechnology and a demonstration of understanding the science of business to interact effectively with clients and candidates
- Has gathered a proven experience on pro-active sourcing with deep usage of professional networks and resume databases
- Well versed in and regularly uses competency/behavioral based interviewing
What we offer: We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.