A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Supervise personnel and resources for development activities in custom bio-conjugation projects. Develop direct reports’ knowledge and skills to improve performance and expand abilities. Coordinate the group’s efforts to assist meeting department and company objectives.
Essential position responsibilities
- Continually enhances the skill level of his/her organization by investing in the development and learning of the organization’s employees, and by actively participating in the selection of external talent.
- Promotes a climate of positive employee relations by fostering two-way communication and by resolving employee issues in a timely manner
- Ensure direct reports are trained for the tasks and procedures assigned and have access to proper equipment
- Lead and motivate through positive reinforcement, encouragement, example and communication of company values.
- Ensure skills and knowledge development occurs to allow employees to maximize performance in their current positions. Encourage/assist development toward individual career objectives or potential consistent with company needs. Provide guidance, additional training and development opportunities
- Ensure information is passed on to direct reports in a timely fashion
- Evaluate employee performance and provide timely feedback
- Communicate information to other groups or individuals to ensure company objectives are met
- Encourage collaboration between direct reports and other groups
- Organize the group’s efforts and oversee production processes
- Schedule tasks and processes to meet department and company objectives
- Ensure resources are available when needed
- Identify, evaluate and implement process improvements and expand group’s abilities through direct reports.
- Identify, evaluate, implement PDCA’s, and support the company’s 6S system
- Create/maintain positive pro-active approach toward quality compliance and safety
- Report incidents, assist in investigating causes and follow up with appropriate actions
- Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
Who You Are
- B.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biology or other scientific discipline is required. If a non-scientific degree or no degree, 10+ years of operational experience in R&D performing bioconjugation techniques may be considered
- 5+ years of bioconjugation and/or biologic analytics or bioanalytical techniques
- 5+ years of R&D experience.
- 2+ years of prior supervisory experience required.
- 5+ years supervisory experience preferred
- Project management, planning and scheduling experience a plus.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills: Motivate employees and coordinate employee activities, as well as deal with any disciplinary issues that may arise
- Strong communication skills: Engage their employees and work with management to make sure the job gets done; able to clearly explain what needs to be done will be necessary
- Communicate well with all levels of the organization and across functional groups
- Excellent problem-solving & Analytical skills: Able to analyze different information and make decisions based on needs, priorities, changing business conditions and budgetary constraints
- Attention to detail: making sure cleaning, upkeep and safety standards are maintained, or efficiencies are realized and self-starter
- Excellent project management skills
- Fundamental understanding of quality systems and requirements (ISO standards, semiconductor practices, GMP, etc.) where applicable
- Working knowledge of Safety, Environmental, Regulatory, and Equipment Maintenance
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.