A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who we are:
EMD Serono is the North American biopharma brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany - a leading science and technology company - focused exclusively on specialty care. For more than 40 years, the company has integrated cutting-edge science, innovative products and industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono has deep expertise in oncology, neurology, fertility, and endocrinology, as well as a robust pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology as R&D focus areas.
The Sr. Product Manager, Oncology is a key member of the Global BAVENCIO commercial team focused on developing and implementing strategies and tactics utilizing market insights, creative and analytical thinking, and a disciplined, comprehensive, and collaborative approach. Will provide strong leadership, excellent judgment, daily active participation and engagement to maximize business opportunities through programs, products, and services designed to facilitate adoption and awareness.
The Sr. Product Manager, Oncology will work closely with the global commercial team for BAVENCIO; regional marketing and other stakeholders (Medical Affairs, Clinical, Development, etc.) to ensure alignment on the translation of strategy into effective promotional programs and tools. This individual will also work closely with our partner, Pfizer, to ensure alignment through the commercialization and LCM process. This individual will drive the values that comprise the company’s culture and support the Company’s vision for the BAVENCIO franchise and will execute against the launch and life-cycle plan to meet the broader corporate objectives.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a key contributor to the BAVENCIO global team, the main task/core activities of the role are listed below:
- Lead the Key Thought Leader Strategy in partnership with the global commercial team and other key stakeholders
- Tracking and cross-coordination of activities across stakeholders
- Lead development of the Congress Strategy in partnership with the global commercial team and other key stakeholders
- Manage presence at major oncology congresses
- Provide support for launch initiatives
- Lead brand planning process and support 5-year strategic planning
- Support internal digital platforms to facilitate brand and launch cohesion
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies to healthcare professionals and patients
- Proactively develop and execute marketing projects with agencies from concept through implementation that drive success for BAVENCIO
- Oversee the conceptualization, development, production, and rollout of any materials/initiatives created to address patient education needs (includes management of agency partners)
- Lead convention, conference and symposium strategy and tactics
- Lead external engagement strategy and tactics
- Manage budgets and judiciously prioritize tactics based on potential value to the brands
- Conduct field visits as necessary to evaluate effectiveness of marketing programs, tools and services
- Familiarity / proficiency with internal processes related to Marketing, including JRC/PSMR/MLR, Compliance, Finance/budgets, strategy development, and tactical planning is a plus
Who You Are:
- BA/BS or equivalent; MBA preferred but not required
- Oncology Marketing experience is preferred (Local, Regional or Global level)
- Relevant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum 3+ years professional experience
- Experience working in an international environment is a plus
- Experience working with co-promotion or co-commercialization partners is a plus
- Meets challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive. Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic. Fosters mutual trust and respect, and is an excellent team player
- Able to work effectively in a highly complex matrix environment, with a proven ability to influence without formal authority and achieve results through people
- Understands the link between excellence in data acquisition/warehousing/insights, and how to leverage this as a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- Applies effective communication techniques, engages in focused dialogue, and demonstrates good listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Outstanding oral, written and communication skills with the ability to present to small and large groups and deal with unexpected questions and challenges while presenting
- Excellent and proven project management skills
- Advanced software skills, particularly MS Excel and Powerpoint.
- Normal and routine office duties
- Position may require up to 30% both domestic and international travel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.