A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Supervisor in Training position allows the ability to train qualified supervisor candidates who have little or no past operations or supervisor experience. This position will assist in establishing performance standards and assist with monitoring and communicating employee performance. Assist in process improvement activities resulting in safety, quality, productivity and cost saving improvements. Assist in training new employees daily on the operational activities of the department. This position will also act in a lead capacity and will fill in for supervision when needed.
- Total number of employees supervised (in organization): 1-12
- Number of locations responsible for: 1
- Other items relevant for role: Large facility
> 500,000 sq. ft
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Logistics, Natural Science, Business, or eight plus years of supervisory/training experience.
- Must be cooperative and possess strong interactive skills
- Must be a strong team player and have the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively work under tight deadlines on a regular basis
- Proven knowledge of SAP and/or Manhattan and knowledge of system supports
- Experience in a Distribution Center or Chemical Manufacturing environment is helpful
- Requires excellent communication skills; verbal and written
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.