A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Completes a variety of laboratory processes and procedures in the scheduling, evaluation, and review of stock and specialty chromatography products. Reviews test results for conformance to specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs advanced gas chromatograph and/or liquid chromatography operation to evaluate stock and/or custom chromatography products.
- Tests all product groups.
- Selects and prepares appropriate standards and solutions as required for product evaluation.
- Works with other departments to solve problems.
- Designs experiments, analyses and reports on results.
- Recommends process of system improvements where possible.
- Reviews test results for conformance to specifications.
- Generates and maintains records of systems, procedures, and test results.
- Enters and manipulates QC data using PC and lab automation system. Fully utilized capabilities of PC Chem-station.
- Performs non-routine maintenance and troubleshooting of chromatographic instrumentation and related equipment.
- Assists QC analyst with product scheduling and review of test results.
- Writes/modifies SOP's
- Assists in training other QC technicians.
- Provides leadership role for process improvement.
- Provides technical information to production departments when required.
- Make injections in equipment at lab table height, about 10 to 15 per day.
- Moving to various labs throughout the building.
- Viewing of data on a PC screen and ability operate PC equipment.
- Lifting parts of instruments, typically not weighing more than 5-10 lbs.
- Installing of columns requiring fine motor skills (about 16 adjustments per hour) and bending from the waist.
- Utilizing vision within normal limits.
- Standing 70-90% of day.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related science disposition
- Basic knowledge of Gas and liquid chromatography.
- Basic knowledge of statistics and statistical variations.
- Demonstrated PC knowledge.
- Ability to work well with others both within and outside of the QC area.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.