A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Currently Biorepository is searching for Associate Scientist I to work in our team. This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate in logistic science who has demonstrated some experience in conducting work in biomaterial repository services. The scope of this role is to be responsible for assisting scientific staff in conducting work in a team based regulatory compliant environment to provide storage services for pharmaceuticals and/or manufacture clinical and commercial products that are scientific in nature. Qualified candidates will have at least an associate or a under graduate degree in biological Science or in a relevant discipline with knowledge and may be practical work experience in receiving biomaterials, storage and issues of inventory (raw materials, client samples and finished goods) to and from external clients and as well as internal manufactured cell banks. This involves physical handling of inventory, as well as maintaining accurate system records for all transactions made to and from the department. The job holder is also expected to provide leave cover for supervisors, peer review input and lead improvement initiatives as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS:
- Receive materials, client samples and internal finished goods daily. Check and process received items in line with appropriate quality procedures (physical / quantity check and paperwork verification).
- Ensure inventory is stored in line with agreed quality / regulatory compliance (e.g. segregation, temperature control), and provide traceability through maintenance of accurate system transactions (Oracle and or LIMS).
- Support operations with timely provision of materials by discrete requisition issue and delivery if applicable.
- Maintain stock accuracy at all times through timely system maintenance and participation in physical counting and disposal program.
- Prepare and ship materials in line with client requirements and in accordance with relevant shipping SOP documentation. Shipping includes collation of appropriate documentation (permits/licenses) and coordination with any specialist shipping organizations.
- Assist with regulatory (GLP/GMP) and client audits if input is required from Support Services.
- Equipment monitoring/maintenance where under the specific responsibility of Support Services.
- Support inter-site shipment of sample/material via internal transportation or courier.
- Be willing to take responsibilities to complete tasks related to Bio Reliance quality systems such as BRIQS and SOP revision process.
- Sample management for storage contracts through Biorepository (site transfer, storage and shipping) and associated system transactions using oracle application
- Lead or support improvement initiatives as agreed by line management with a view to streamlining processes, making cost savings or reducing waste.
- Provide line management coverage in the absence of Department colleagues.
- Support line manager where appropriate in review process (monthly or annual reports).
- May perform other related duties as required where appropriate training/instruction provided.
- Actively maintain a clean, tidy and safe work environment.
- Required to communicate and interact professionally with all levels of the organization.
Who you are:
- Associate degree with 2+ years of work experience in warehouse environment, or a BA/BS degree in Biological Science or “Science” related degree with a desire to work in a biomaterial storage warehouse.
- Knowledge in computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out laboratory/research assignments with general guidance in an accurate, effective manner
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and meet timelines efficiently and productively.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong verbal communication, writing, and listening skills, as well as interpersonal skills required.
• Normal and routine office duties
• On-call support for freezer/storage emergencies (required to carry a cell phone)
• Ability to lift 10lbs
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.