A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting to the Site head of Operations, the Operations Manager is an integral member of the senior leadership team and as such participates in providing strategic direction for the site. The Operations Manager leads all aspects of the manufacturing operations within the Aseptic pleated device value stream to include EHS, quality, production, engineering and external customer/ business collaboration efforts. Manufacturing operations consist of 400+ production team members and a portfolio of products to include pharmaceutical filtration devices used in Virus and Aseptic applications, all of which are experiencing strong growth curves.
- Implement leading edge production, engineering quality, and EHS strategies.
- Builds a highly functioning, engaged, positive organization and culture that is open to learning
- Develop teams that can solve complex problems & implement sustainable corrective actions.
- Develop and manage budget with fiscal responsibility.
- Ensures that performance targets and measurements are in place and are being achieved for safety, customer satisfaction, quality, productivity, environmental compliance and financial results.
- Develops talent through stretch assignments, coaching, rotations and performance management.
- Develops and executes capital strategy to ensure supply reliability, EHS & quality goals are met.
- Ensures a strong, active partnership between operations and external business partners.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable environmental, health and safety and quality regulations.
Who You Are:
- Degree in manufacturing technology, engineering, bio sciences or equivalent
- Working knowledge of quality principles, methods and Lean Six Sigma
- APICS certification, Lean or Six Sigma certification (Green or Black Belt) a plus
- Eight plus years progressive experience within an FDA regulated industry manufacturing environment
- Clear understanding of SPC, JIT, TQM and quality systems
- Familiarity with ISO, cGMP, EU MDR and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to stay focused under pressure with strong pragmatic decision-making skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence across organization, cultures and functions.
- Strong risk management skills
- Ability to lead and influence within a matrix organization.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.