A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Global Applied Commercial Data & Tools Manager will operate with a global team of resources in a fast paced and dynamic environment to define, develop, implement, manage and maintain critical tool solutions while training and supporting the user base to drive adoption of the platforms implemented. The candidate will leverage industry best practices and skills to drive the establishment of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to support pipeline acceleration and development for the commercial organization.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage a global team of 5-6 team members
- Continuously develop, coach and train team members as warranted
- Tools development, management and maintenance, including but not limited to, CRM, Mobile Tools, Customer Data Management System
- Thought leadership/discovery, research, and implement industry best practices across tool platforms
- Lead team of Data & Tools Specialists, to support and train user base and maintain tool solutions
- Partner with BT to translate business requirements/needs to efficient and effective tool solutions
- Contribute to building platforms for foundational data management to drive revenue generation. Good understanding of master data segments and related business process across divisions / functions
- Partner with other global and regional commercial functions/areas to drive process harmonization, simplification and standardization across tool platforms to support increased efficiency, effectiveness and ease of use
- Identify, manage, prioritize, execute Tool related projects
- Proactive and timely reactive communication of pertinent tools information/status/challenges/etc to all affected stakeholders and interested parties.
- Manage ongoing Lead Data Entry and Data Quality improvement initiatives; develop and implement strategies, methodologies and KPIs for improved Data Quality and increased Lead Data Entry speed
- Improve Lead and Opportunity pipeline management process which impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives related to the global Applied commercial area
- Drive Tool Adoption and Training across platforms; develop and implement strategies, methodologies and KPIs for improved Tool Adoption; coordinates mitigation activities required to close identified gaps and to improve adoption levels on a global level
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 5 years of experience and 2+ years Management experience preferred
- Excellent communications skills, written, oral and presentation
- Solid consultancy and project management skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence without formal authority
- Ability to drive change and continuous improvement
- Excellent team player embracing multi-cultural and multi-lingual projects and work environments.
- Will be expected to travel in US and abroad as necessary (up to ~25%)
- Systems & Tools: CRM experience, e.g. Salesforce.com or similar, Mobile tools experience preferred i.e. tablets and/or smart phones, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Languages: fluent in English
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.