A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your Role: As a senior Developer, you will be part of the IT Application management team that supports data ware house systems using AWS Technologies.
Will have a role in level 2 & 3 production support of existing AWS environment, business process, communications, map issues, etc.
As a member of the Dataware house team you will work on prioritized incidents, enhancements, projects, code deployments, application upgrades, and performance testing support.
Understanding of methodology, design, specifications, programming, delivery, monitoring, and support standards. Involved in strategic planning activities and researches emerging technology and tools, and ETL standards for use in effective existing or new data marts
- Performing data profiling & curation. Interpreting data from multiple sources, understand & propose data integration logic for Agile ROI, Marketing Mix use cases.
- Proposing solutions to various challenges with data: different granularity, data gaps, complex matching logic, multi-language, structured & unstructured; harmonization & normalization of data.
- Architecting, designing, and implementing scalable and reliable solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Implementing strong cloud security, identity and compliance.
- Building cloud native, cloud agnostic applications and open source technology integrations onto AWS.
- Designing serverless, microservices based application architectures.
- Designing OLAP, ODS, reporting and BI solutions/integrations on cloud data lakes.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline required.
- 5+ Years of Software Development and Cloud Engineering Experience
- Big Data and Data Governance Expertise
- AWS Certified Solution Architect
Essential and Critical Skills
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in Design and Development of enterprise data systems.
- Experience with working with tools & platforms within AWS framework (EC2, S3, Redshift / RDS)
- Strong experience in implementing Governed Data Lake solutions on AWS involving native S3, Glue, Redshift Spectrum, EMR, Athena, RDS etc. alongside OSS.
- Experience in Data Lake, Data Analytics, ETL, SQL with any combination of big data technologies(Experience with Hadoop and relevant data querying tools such as Hive, Impala, Spark..)
- Working knowledge either in R / Python / JAVA/ Scala etc..is required.
- Experienced with putting together project plans/visio diagrams / powerpoint presentations.
- Familiarity with SCRUM/Agile ceremonies/processes.
Good communications – provide project updates
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at