A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The main responsibilities for this position are to manage, develop and grow research segment business within named accounts through digital customer management tools, proactive contact, day-to-day activities (major but not limited to tel-sales activities) in assigned territories to achieve financial target in an major office-based environment. Another key aspect of this role will be to seek out new business opportunities within the territory by initiative customer development. A strong customer focus is critical to ensure that the customer’s needs are both understood and managed in a proactive and professional manner.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of biology and/or chemical science coupled with the ability to listen, identify customer needs, and provide product solutions.
- Responsible for achieving assigned sales goals in Academia segment
- Analyze accounts and territory and identifies opportunities to accelerate revenue growth using digital and customer management tools.
- Engage with customers to build and maintain relationships
- Responsible for mapping key contacts and decision makers to prioritize selling activity
- Maintain an in depth understanding of the competitive landscape within assigned territory
- Keep improving technical product and scientific knowledge
- Maintain a cadence of account management activities
- Input customer information and opportunities into the CRM system
- Develop and maintain a short and long-term opportunity pipeline
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or above in cell biology or chemistry relevant, with 1-2 years of related sales experience
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Highly goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment and partner with other Sales employees
- Strong business ethics
- Strong customer management and digital mindset would be preferred
Functional area: Commercial
What we offer: We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!