A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title:Oracle Apex Developer
Job Location: ECity, Bangalore
The R&D Application team supports the delivery of the R&D Service Portfolio for the Healthcare business. The R&D Oracle Apex platform supports R&D services and replaces legacy fat client applications. The platform is considered GxP regulated and classified as Confidential.
There is a need to build a support & development team for the maintenance of existing Oracle Apex applications as well as the development of new applications and provide hands-on support to both projects and services organization.
Key service requirements are:
- Support application services of worldwide user community
- Support incident & request handling
- Sustain the growth related to new applications for our R&D application portfolio
- Plans, develops, installs and maintains medium complex applications with Oracle Apex
- Evaluates new application requests and identifies optimizations
- Develops and reviews code in Oracle Apex
- Updates and maintains development guidelines and naming conventions
- Defines and assures development standards
- Creates and updates documentation
- Monitors quality standards and ensures failure-free operation
- Possesses problem solving capabilities in individual work as well as in team approach
- Owns analytical skills for trouble shooting in 3rd Level
- Integrates with other teams for achieving overall objectives
- Provides project documentation including Functional, Technical specifications and Test Scripts
- Prepares data models: Master Data, Meta Data, Staging Data, ODS, unstructured data
- Participates in cross-functional projects and understands the project dependencies
- Provides training to the community for each new development
- 4+ years of working experience in Oracle Apex with regards to administration, support and application development
- Service Delivery Management mindset
- Ability to familiarize quickly with entirely new applications and services
- Excellent written and verbal English communications skills
- Working knowledge of information security and best practices
- Good technical knowledge in core technologies and platforms such as Java, Linux, Scripting, Java, XML, HTML, Oracle SQL & PL/SQL and webservices
- Working knowledge of network topology and communications protocols e.g. TCP/IP, SSH, SSL certificates, etc.
- Proven fast learning & problem management skills
- Proven experience of working under pressure
- Good customer service skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at