A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Artificial Intelligence Research group in the Chief Digital Organization invites you to apply for this exceptional internship program. Coached by some of our senior data scientists, you will work in a team of interns for up to six months on one of the most fascinating challenges in machine learning: The problem of invariant representations. Have you ever wondered why a two-year-old child can easily tell apart a cat from a dog, while even the most modern deep learning algorithms need gigabytes of training data to achieve the same thing? Let’s find out together...
This company offers exceptionally talented students the opportunity to boost their career, working in an interdisciplinary high-performance team that is focused on innovation in the intersection of business, mathematics and digital technology.
This offer includes:
- Project work as an intern with a high degree of responsibility and independence
- Opportunity to learn from senior experts in the field of data science
- Intellectual challenge to tackle one of the most complex problems of artificial intelligence
- Possibility to co-author a research paper to report on the project findings
Who you are:
- Exceptionally strong Master's or even Ph.D. student in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or a similar field
- Very strong in applied mathematics with a good working knowledge of linear algebra, functional analysis, and statistics
- Experienced in writing Python code
What we offer: In our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!