A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Custom and New Product Support Supervisor is a highly dynamic customer facing position offering a world class experience for our Applied and Research customers. This position is embedded in Biologics manufacturing sites and leads a project management group that evaluates and executes complex custom solutions to create a differentiated experience for our customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support sales team driving top line sales
- Ensure direct reports provide accurate quote information on custom inquiries
- Provide input to site management and business partners to develop site strategy for new products and/or custom opportunities. Support site strategy once developed.
- Champion CER’s for equipment and facility improvements necessary to grow the business
- Partner with sales on customer visits to better understand their needs and promote site capabilities
- Lead project teams working across multiple departments and sites
- Select, train, develop, motivate, and evaluate employees.
- Assist in the selection process of candidates in a manner consistent with company policies
- Ensure subordinates are trained for customer facing project management tasks
- Lead and motivate through positive reinforcement, encouragement, example and communication of company values. Quickly resolve personnel conflicts and problems as they arise
- Ensure skills and knowledge development occurs to allow employees to maximize performance in their current positions. Encourage/assist development toward individual career objectives or potential consistent with company needs. Provide guidance, additional training and development opportunities.
- Evaluate employee performance and provide timely feedback.
- Organizes the group's efforts and oversees projects
- Schedule tasks to meet department and company objectives.
- Maintain awareness of general area operations to ensure that resources are used towards maximizing our overall effectiveness and provide assistance or guidance, if needed.
- Ensure tasks are completed properly and that processes proceed consistent with operating procedures and quality guidelines.
- Ensure information to effectively perform the group's function is communicated.
- Ensure information is passed on to subordinates in a timely fashion.
- Communicate information to other groups or individuals to ensure company objectives are met.
- Communicate group's status, data and feedback to management.
- Pro-actively support company and department policy.
- Direct group's effort toward improvement and company goals.
- Identify, evaluate and implement process improvements and expand group's abilities through subordinates.
- Encourage collaboration between subordinates and other groups.
- Ensure subordinates know department and company goals and that they assist as possible.a
- Ensure interaction between groups is cooperative.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement PDSA's.
Who You Are:
- BS in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biology or other life science field.
- 3 plus years in a project management position, with previous experience required in production, R&D, or Analytical Services.
- Desired- M.S. Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, or other life science
- Extensive technical and systems knowledge as it relates to all aspects of production, analytical methodologies, and packaging of Biotech products
- Independence, assertiveness, and ability to lead teams and make decisions quickly and confidently
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cross functional teamwork across departments and locations worldwide and with external customers
- Expertise in ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2003 requirements pertaining to new product development and custom/contract manufacturing
- Demonstrated proficiency in training / mentoring employees by supplying sufficient theory, demonstration, and support
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, FDA Regulations, with emphasis on GMP and ISO guidelines and regulations
- Able to independently complete product costing analysis and evaluate risks and cost effectiveness to the supply chain.
- Expertise in Design Control procedures for new product development.
- Planning and scheduling, problem solving skills including root cause analysis, Project Management, Time Management.
- PC/Software use, including analytical instrumentation and software.
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.