A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As a member of the Global Translation Services team, you will translate, edit and proofread a wide range of technical and business texts from the innovative fields of biotechnology, life science and performance materials, among others. You will be required to deliver English native-speaker quality texts, while using and maintaining translation memory and terminology tools.
- You have native speaker level English and you are absolutely fluent in German
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both languages
- You possess a university degree in translation studies, with German and English as your major languages
- You have several years’ experience as a professional translator in the science- and technology-driven fields in which Merck operates
- Familiarity with translation memory tools is a distinct advantage
- You are a flexible and strong team player and you are able to reliably handle high workloads and work to tight deadline
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at