A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
In this role, you will provide advanced administrative and business operations support to the Chief Compliance Officer, Senior Vice President as well as others in her Office. While working in a multi-cultural environment, your responsibilities will include proactively planning and executing all administrative and support needs of the Office; providing the highest quality of flawless administrative support with the utmost professionalism, engagement and confidentiality.
- Provide administrative support in all interactions with global and local colleagues
- Provide the most complex administrative support while showing a high level of appropriately independent administrative decision making in order to keep initiatives moving
- Schedule and maintain daily calendars
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements both international and domestic
- Coordinate and schedule onsite and offsite meetings. Manage all logistical details in collaboration with internal colleagues and external vendors
- Process invoices, prepare purchase requisition, and assist with budget tracking for projects
- Order all office and kitchen supplies
- Monitor incoming calls providing a level of screening that allows appropriate assignment of certain requests and tasks to others in the function
- Other administrative responsibilities as required
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience in administrative role
- HS Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience working with C - suite senior-level management support
- 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft Office software
- Someone with excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to be flexible with work schedule in order to accommodate the varying volume of work and requests
- College degree a plus
- Must be a team player, with a professional and pleasant demeanor
- Attention to detail and follow through is a must
- Proven organizational skills: ability to multitask and to be flexible to work assignments, attention to detail and follow-through
- High degree of versatility with an ability to meet challenges consistently and confidently with energy and drive
- Collaborative work style
- Motivated by results, urgency and personal commitment
- Possesses high integrity and exceptional work ethic
- Ability to work in a high functioning, fast-paced, global business environment
- Ability to continuously demonstrate company core values including transparency, courage and respect
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.