A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 51,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Sr. Scientist will contribute to the success of development of HPLC columns through synthesis of ligands, and surface modification of silica or polymer materials.
- Develop a research plan of proposed new product. Identify the critical paths and technical milestones. Assist with establishing new technologies for the company.
- Perform the required laboratory work with the support of other chemists when applicable. Generate progress reports and coordinate projects with project manager/team leaders. Develop appropriate specifications, manufacturing, and QA documents for new products.
- Ensure the company's intellectual property is fully protected by keeping accurate experimental notes in laboratory notebooks and maintain the information.
- Follow company guidelines for EHS and other safety compliances.
- Provide technical support to marketing, manufacture and other functional groups within the organization.
- Remain current in field of expertise through literature, scientific meetings and seminars. Prepare written, verbal and visual materials for in-house presentations or for outside scientific meetings and presentations.
- Participate in technology transfer, and search for new technology to bring into MilliporeSigma, document new ideas and potential business.
Who You Are
- Bachelors, Masters or PhD: Major in chemistry or closely related science field
- Work experience should be in organic synthesis, surface chemistry and/or modification. 5+ years work experience if Bachelor’s/3+ years work experience if Master’s; education will suffice as work experience for candidates with a PhD.
- 2+ years of work experience using chromatography, HPLC/LC/MS and general applications in the industry
- Able to function as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- HPLC phase preparation and evaluation is a plus
- Be able to show evidence of published work
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.