A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: To manually and semi-automatically portion chemicals into containers using safety equipment and following protocols.
Payrate: 16.80+ per hour.
*********Earn a $1000 Sign On Bonus payable after 30 days of employment**********
- 3rd Shift - 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM, Sunday - Thursday.
- 12 hr Day Shift - 6:00 AM - 6:30 PM. 24/7, 2.2.3 schedule. 3 day weekends.
- 12 hr Evening Shift - 6:00 PM - 6:30 PM. 24/7, 2.2.3 schedule. 3 day weekends.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Obtain correct type and quantity of containers for weigh up.
- Assemble, test, maintain and use appropriate safety equipment inclusive of protective suit, steel toed safety shoes, and protective goggles.
- Weigh hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals using prevision equipment into specific contains. Weigh chemicals into containers according to packaging instructions and obtain weight checks.
- Count weighted bottles and determine if quantity matches weigh up requirements
- Clean tools and utensils with appropriate material in hood according to chemical safety protocols.
- Set up, operate, and troubleshoot all automated labeling, sealing and boxing equipment.
- Complete paperwork including tray tags, weigh ups and computer scan.
- Check and update mainframe systems and SAP as required.
- Facilitate packaging operation by providing support for weighers and moving material within the department.
- Participate in testing and implementation changes.
Who You Are
- Education: High School Diploma, GED or HSED required
- Desirable: High school course work in chemistry or 6 months chemistry related work experience.
- Read instructions and understand oral and written instructions.
- Basic math skills including the metric system.
- Learn SOP's/UOP's, cleaning protocols, work and conduct rules.
- Learn to use safety equipment. Learn to use semi-automated equipment.
- Eye-hand coordination. Small/large tool dexterity.
- Legible handwriting, teamwork, communication skills.
- Ability to move 50 lbs.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to operate a forklift is preferred.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS
Packaging/Distribution/Warehouse Environment: Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. Is occasionally required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles. The work area may occasionally be wet, humid, or abnormally hot or cold.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.