A career is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Our company is currently recruiting for a MSL Manger/Medical Advisor to work within our UK & Ireland, Oncology team. This is a great opportunity to work with recently launched and established products with the potential for further imminent launches in the near future. This role will be responsible for managing and supporting a team of MSLs as well as taking on Medical Affairs activities relating to Oncology within the UK affiliate office. There will be the opportunity to take the lead on upcoming launch projects including alliance management, as well as partnering with the local commercial team to ensure project success and to maintain a collaborative environment.
Our companies Oncology portfolio and pipeline is at a very exciting stage, this role is a great opportunity for an experienced Medical Advisor/MSL/MSL Manager to be a part of a growing team at the forefront of some amazing achievements.
The MSL Manager/Medical Advisor role, provides the opportunity to line manage a team of MSLs, whilst providing medical leadership for specific projects within the Oncology Therapeutic Area (TA). This role is office based with approximately 25% of travel, predominantly within the UK and Ireland.
The MSL Manager/Medical Advisor’s role and responsibilities include;
- Provide direct line management of a team of oncology MSLs, including support with coaching and development
- Act as the conduit/advocate for the MSL team with internal stakeholders
- Providing fair and balanced medical information and education to health care professionals that support the safe and effective use of the company’s medicines in appropriate patients
- Act as a trusted partner for cross-functional teams for the review and approval of activities and materials in line with compliance regulations (ABPI/IPHA codes)
- Build trust through open and transparent collaboration with health care professionals, patient associations and potentially payers
- Develop collaborative networks inside and outside of the company to access best ideas, expertise and capabilities
- Demonstrate consistent ethical and professional behaviour, with uncompromising commitment to patients
- Know the local health care system and keep up-dated on changes in environment in the country, including rules and regulations
- Provide support in the assigned TAs to the country team
- Build and maintain strong strategic partnerships with key external stakeholders e.g. Key Thought Leaders and Healthcare Professionals involved or interested in participating in clinical research activities
- Represent the Company at external meetings
- Pro-actively collaborate in cross-functional teams at country level
- Contribute to the local Brand Team, representing the TA (scientific and medical expertise) and ensuring all activities address patient well-being and respect data integrity
- Create, or co-create, and fully execute specific aspects of the Country Medical plan(s) agreed with the Head of Medical Oncology
- Good understanding of the pharmaceutical industry (Experience in Medical Affairs)
- Experience of working as an MSL, or managing a team of MSLs
- Profound experience in designing, planning and executing medical education and communication tactics
- Business acumen and commercially astute
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with external experts within Oncology
- Skilled in working in cross-functional matrix teams
- Strong team player with the ability to motivate and influence others in a compelling way and succeed in a highly integrated group environment
- Strong accountability and ownership for both individual and organizational performance
- Track record in effective management of risk and compliance
- Prior experience working in oncology and/or immuno-oncology
- ABPI final medical signatory Status is preferred but not essential
- Recent launch experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at