A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Specialist, Sr. IA Planning & Scheduling
Your role: Establish, manage, review, and communicate the master production schedule, for select items, to achieve Business Unit objectives for customer service and resource management. The Sr. Planning and Scheduling Specialist is a mid to upper level technical position in the Supply Chain function. The position is also expected to be a subject matter expert and is able to run cross-functional supply chain improvements. The position has the ability to clearly communicate complex data in an easy to understand format.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in business or technical field (Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or Statistics).
- APICS or equivalent certification desired (CPIM or CSCP)
- Minimum 5+ years experience in planning/supply chain management or scheduling functions using an MRP and/or ERP system.
- Documented leadership ability in process improvement techniques to reduce costs, improve service levels and manage capacity.
- BPCS experience ideal
- SAP and Microsoft Excel (intermediate) experience required
- 1-3 years’ experience creating and analyzing data using SAP and Microsoft Office Access, Excel, and Word.
- Strong analytical abilities with problem solving techniques, unconditional commitment to teamwork and communication.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaboration with regions (APAC, Europe, and US) on off hours
- Plan and communicate all scheduling activities supporting assigned items by site. Balance production and inventory levels with demand to support target consistent with On Time In Full (OTIF) and On Promise goals (year-end avg.; ship date), and equal to or less than ten days.
- Manage MPS requirements and work with respective site to execute shop orders creation.
- Track bulk inventory receipts to ensure stock is allocated for Fine Chemicals.
- Coordinate movement of raw material inventory between facilities and between item numbers, including support of specialized raw material items restricted to certain customer formulations.
- Communicate with Site Supervisors regarding promise dates tracking.
- Develop/maintain performance tracking metrics
- Participate in the testing of system wide developments
- Act as a departmental technical resource throughout the implementation process
- Create documentation for training or preparing enhancement requests for system development.
- Lead discussions and training sessions for implementations.
- Clearly communicate complex data and supply chains to the business teams.
- Train identified personnel (including outside IPF) on aspects of SAP or supporting systems
- Lead process improvement initiatives to increase productivity, eliminate waste, and streamline processes in production planning
- Master Data Maintenance and Ownership
- Update and revise plans for changes in lead times, order quantities, service level and sourcing locations.
- Define appropriate RM inventory levels and manage by site to targets.
- Develop and run long and short term capacity models to identify potential operational constraints.
- Exemplary attendance, adherence to schedule, and flexibility for miscellaneous duty assignment.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.