A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Execute supply chain functions of inventory planning and production planning as needed to achieve Business Unit objectives for service excellence and effective cost/resource utilization.
Essential Job Functions:
In Inventory Planning:
- Help achieve and maintain target stock levels to ensure timely availability of materials, and avoid
- Coordinate movement of goods between facilities as needed
- Set and maintain master data and planning parameters in the ERP/MRP system.
- Identify and pursue inactive, excess, and aging inventory for resolution, recovery, and process improvements. Gather input from QA, QC, Commercial Services and Purchasing to determine actions.
- Research inventory issues and histories to resolve inventory inaccuracies
- In Production Planning:
- Help develop production schedules to meet customer demand and company goals, review MRP and release shop orders, and print, prepare and issue batch records to production.
- Allocate raw material lots to shop orders where applicable, monitor shop floor activities to ensure promise dates are met, and perform shop order data entry and maintenance.
- Help define and document processes and work instructions.
- Involvement with Process Improvement initiatives, especially for inventory planning processes.
- Understand and utilize PDSA methodology
- Run trials, identify small trials, and assist with analysis and the development next steps
- Become involved with cross-site and customer projects as requested by the Planning Supervisor.
- Escalate issues to the Planning Supervisor. Identify root cause and drive corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain performance tracking metrics.
- Coordinate actions necessary to support changes in schedules, inventory plans, and purchasing.
- Interface with Customer Service, Planning Supervisor, Demand Planner, Production Engineering, Purchasing and Quality.
- Other job related duties as required including rotation of after-hours support.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain OR an Associate’s degree with at least 2+ years of work planning, inventory, and/or purchasing experience
- 2+ years of experience with ERP/MRP systems
- Planning experience in a similar regulated industry.
- APICS CPIM certification or the ability to attain certification within 1 year.
- Effective oral & written communication skills.
- Understanding of operations, including purchasing, materials, order processing, production processes & procedures
- Knowledge of shop floor control procedures.
- Ability to work in self-directed environment.
- Ability to research problems using ERP systems
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfill your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.